Unable to cancel out of change password dialog

Author
Greg McGuffey
Strategic Support Team Member (2.7K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I'm having trouble with the change password dialog. There are times when I can't cancel out of it. I'm stuck with using task manager to forcefully exit the app. I'd expect that this would either: just close the form if the user just wanted to change their password or exit the app if the user has to change their password and decided not to.

Steps:

1. As a security admin (or admin) create a user and configure it so they have to change their password the next time they login.

2. Log in as that user, enter initial password, get message about having to change it...click OK

3. Enter old password, then hit cancel...clears out text in textboxes, but stays open.

4. Enter old password, new password, verify new password

5. Click OK...broken rule that old password is wrong,

6. Click Cancel...clears textboxes, but doesn't close...

7. User is hosed at this point, can't change password, can't cancel out

8. hit ctl-alt-del, select task manager, end app...bad

I had complex password turned off, no password history, zero set for min time between password changes, 10 login attempts allowed in 1 minute before deactivation, 1 second delay between entering passwords and the original password was "test".

I must be doing something wrong...but don't see what/how.
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
I haven't heard of this out in the field...so I will need to set this up and see if I can reproduce anything. <scratching head>
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...