Error creating DD package

Author
Michael Reese
StrataFrame User (299 reputation)StrataFrame User (299 reputation)StrataFrame User (299 reputation)StrataFrame User (299 reputation)StrataFrame User (299 reputation)StrataFrame User (299 reputation)StrataFrame User (299 reputation)StrataFrame User (299 reputation)StrataFrame User (299 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
I have been getting the following error when creating my DDT. It has not prevented me from completing my work but I would like to know what is happening? I am getting an IndexOutofRangeException Message stating that "There is no Row a Position 0.

How can I make it go away without blowing away my project work?

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Well...there is really no way for me to determine that based on the stack trace and error message.  If you can, send me the PKG file and I will see if I can reproduce it.  That would be the best avenue so that I can see it in person.
Michael Reese
Michael Reese
StrataFrame User (299 reputation)StrataFrame User (299 reputation)StrataFrame User (299 reputation)StrataFrame User (299 reputation)StrataFrame User (299 reputation)StrataFrame User (299 reputation)StrataFrame User (299 reputation)StrataFrame User (299 reputation)StrataFrame User (299 reputation)
I'm feeling kind of dumb here. I never had to upload to you. Where do go to do that. I do not see a file attachment button anywhere?
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Scroll down when you post and there is a section for attachments.  You can attach it here or you can send me a PM (Private Message) with an attachment if you do not want to post it.
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
OK...that makes more sense.  Is sounds like you have an issue with one of your Data Deployment items.  Check to make sure that your query, server and password, database from which you are pulling, etc. is correct.  Also, if you are allowing the relationships to pull data from more than just itself (i.e. infinite, two deep, etc.) then that could be part of the problem as well...it would have something to do with the server from which is it pulling.  To prove that, you would want to reduce this to None or One to only pull in the data for that one table.  Try these items (since I cannot test that on my side with your data) and I am certain that one of these mentioned items will resolve your problem.
Randy Jean
Randy Jean
StrataFrame User (127 reputation)StrataFrame User (127 reputation)StrataFrame User (127 reputation)StrataFrame User (127 reputation)StrataFrame User (127 reputation)StrataFrame User (127 reputation)StrataFrame User (127 reputation)StrataFrame User (127 reputation)StrataFrame User (127 reputation)
Just jumping in here... I'm having the same error when I choose to include deployment data which is just 2 simple tables. I checked authentication, etc.

Hmmmm... Why don't I just try blowing these away and re-creating their properties...

Yeah, that fixed it. Hope this helps. I'm guessing there were new options added in 1.6.6 that were not there when I set these up before.

- Randy

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
Thanks for sharing your solution!

I am not sure why re-creating them got it fixed as we did not change anything on that end...but I am glad it fixed your package.  We have some relatively complex data deployment packages within our medical app and everything seemed to be fine, but I appreciate your sharing this as it could be as simple as this if someone else is facing the same problem...though I would really like to know what caused that problem since this will be bugging me Crazy

Michael Reese
Michael Reese
Ok Thanks,

I went through the blow-away setup days which caused lots of redo. Could the following errors be causing the problem? I am getting errors when deploying the database tables relative to the AuditEvent Stored Procedures?

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
Re-add the RBS tables to your package to ensure that the auditing structures get added.  That should get rid of those errors.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...