SQL Views and Indexes

Author
Aaron Young
StrataFrame User (343 reputation)StrataFrame User (343 reputation)StrataFrame User (343 reputation)StrataFrame User (343 reputation)StrataFrame User (343 reputation)StrataFrame User (343 reputation)StrataFrame User (343 reputation)StrataFrame User (343 reputation)StrataFrame User (343 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi,

I would like to add indexes to a couple of SQL Views in the DDT. However, when I edit the view in the DDT it doesn't detect all of the field names in the view. As a result, I can't add an index as it only allows an index to be added to a field that is detected in the view.

Is there a way around this?

Thanks,

Aaron

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
What, you can't just imagine those indexes in there? BigGrin

It looks like a bug...I will get it fixed right now and post an update.  Thanks!

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
It is fixed.  I have just attached the DDT and I ams also assuming that you are on the most recent 1.6.6 build (http://forum.strataframe.net/FindPost17560.aspx).  If this is the case, you can just copy the attached EXE to the c:\program files\microfour\strataframe folder (I think that it where it should be Smile ) and just replace the other EXE.
Attachments
DatabaseDTK.zip (185 views, 977.00 KB)
Aaron Young
Aaron Young
StrataFrame User (343 reputation)StrataFrame User (343 reputation)StrataFrame User (343 reputation)StrataFrame User (343 reputation)StrataFrame User (343 reputation)StrataFrame User (343 reputation)StrataFrame User (343 reputation)StrataFrame User (343 reputation)StrataFrame User (343 reputation)
I can imagine them in there but it appears some customers can't. Smile

It appears a customer is trying to run a SQL query against one of our views with a WHERE clause and there is no index on the field. It was never intended for that purpose but the query is scanning through 20,000 records to return several hundred so a bump in performance will be welcome.

Wonder if I can charge for the performance bump Smile

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
LOL...I undertstand....and I think that a performance bump is totally billable! BigGrin
Aaron Young
Aaron Young
Now come on - that is ridiculous. I post a problem at 4.26pm, you confirm it is a bug and have it fixed by 4.34pm? What were you doing keeping me waiting for those 8 minutes? Scandalous! Smile

What can I say - excellent service again! Smile

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
LOL...I knew that you were probably in the middle of it and it looked to be a quick fix.  They can't all be that fast, but we try to accomodate when we can!
Aaron Young
Aaron Young
You were right - I did really need it. Of course it means I have to do some work now Sad

Thanks again - I really appreciate it!!!!!!

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...