Importing DBC from VFP into DDT

Author
Rainer Kempf, RK
StrataFrame Novice (85 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (85 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (85 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (85 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (85 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (85 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (85 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (85 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (85 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Ok thank you for quick anwser

I think i will try same task with Xcase

If Xcase can create SQL-Server Database with releation

i will do it with Xcase and then Import it into DDT

i will try

thanks again

Rainer
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
This is actually not a problem but by design.  The VFP DBC import is intended to help in the aide of creating your original structures, but in line with the logic of moving to SQL Server, these relationships are not necessary one for one and also require additional information which is something that requires attention by the designer of the database. 

So unlike importing a SQL Server structure (which does bring in relationships) importing VFP structures only helps get the tables into the database so that the massage and manipulation of the structures can begin.

Rainer Kempf, RK
Rainer Kempf, RK
StrataFrame Novice (85 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (85 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (85 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (85 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (85 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (85 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (85 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (85 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (85 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hello

I have following Problem :

I try to import DBC from VFP to DDT.

All works fine, only Information about relations which are stored in DBC-Container

getting lost.

I tried mandy diffrent ways but no result.

So my question is :

Must i used some rules to import DBC or is it just a Problem of DDT

I looked also in Forum but found no solution for this problem

thanks for your replies

Rainer

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...