Database Deployment Toolkit Crashes Activation

Author
uncledelphi
StrataFrame Beginner (1 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (1 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (1 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (1 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (1 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (1 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (1 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (1 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (1 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Greetings, all.  I am having trouble installing/running the Database Deployment Toolkit.  I had already installed StrataFrame, and it seemed to be working normally, including the activation.  Then I went to install the Database Deployment Toolkit.  Installation seemed to go normally, but when it went to activate, it crashed (gave me a dialog asking to send an error report to Microsot).  Now I cannot run the Activation program from the start menu (crashes immediately).  Neither can I run the Database Deployment Toolkit (also crashes immediately).

Any input would be greatly appreciated.  Also, if there is any further necessary information I should provide, please let me know and I will post it/e-mail it/whatever is most convenient.

StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Howdy, uncledelphi,

Most likely, an error occurred with the installation of the MicroFour StrataFrame License.dll file into the GAC.  When you install the framework, it installs the DDT as well, so installing the DDT a second time probably caused some issues.  What I would recommend is open the C:\Windows\assembly\ folder on your computer and check if MicroFour StrataFrame License.dll is installed.  Most likely, it is not.  To reinstall it, simply open another Explorer window and browse to the file (or re-download it from the My Account area of the website).  Then, drag the file from the explorer window into the C:\windows\assembly\ folder. 

That will reinstall the license dll into the GAC, and you should be able to run the activation program again.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...