Tried to get start...

Author
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
My last post just couldn't be answered and I think it's was a very simple question...

As I mentioned on the previous post, I really didn't know how to answer this.  It was phrased in a manner that was akin to, "OK, now I am ready for training" which is not the intent or purpose of the forum, really.  It is intended to help with pointed questions as you work through your trial and application once an SF user.

Though I've tried, just go on and keep making the StrataFrame more robust and a good choice for web based projects as I think it is for winforms.

It sounds to me as though you may be looking for a code generator instead of a framework.  There is actually a vast difference between the two.  In regards to being a winforms only framework, this is actually not true as we develop and distribute web portions of our applications as well.  But moreover, we have some very large companies world wide that use SF for web development only.  So this really comes down to what you are trying to accomplish.

As I mentioned on my other post, you should really look at the samples...that is their purpose...to give you a starting point as well as the tutorials mentioned in the help docs as well as the forum posts.  Additionally, the link I specified on the other forum post directs you to other samples.  There are also user contributed samples, including one from Charles Blankenship which is nothing but a web application and shows how to use AJAX as well.

So there is really a lot of information and ways to get started, but again, if you are just looking for a code generator, then we may not be a good fit for what you are trying to accomplish.

Greg McGuffey
Greg McGuffey
Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Fabio,

I'm sorry you're having a rough time with your first use of SF. I, like you, am just a user and remember well my first days/weeks using SF. When I started I was a complete newbie not only to SF but to .NET as well. As Trent suggested, really dig into the samples (not in the sample console, but under samples in the sf menu on the start menu) and documentation. Likely you don't have it configured correctly, something that is fairly easy to correct, once you understand it.

SF may not be what you are looking for, but you might consider giving is bit longer. One of the big advantages of SF is the user community. Even when the SF developers are busy (as they are this week and next with trainings), there are many users who lurk here and attempt to help out.

I'm not using the web stuff, so am not very versed in it, but there are many users who are. From you previous post (http://forum.strataframe.net/FindPost17847.aspx) I can't really tell what you did or what went wrong. The more specific the question, the more likely the response will be helpful.

However you decide, the best of luck to you! Smile
Fabio Marcos Marcos...
Fabio Marcos Marcos Euzébio
StrataFrame Beginner (2 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (2 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (2 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (2 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (2 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (2 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (2 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (2 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (2 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi friends,

I'm sorry but I'm very disappointed in my first touch with StrataFrame.

We are planning to start a big webpage based project in .NET and I just couldn't figured out how StrataFrame could be useful.

I think it is a powerfull tool for winforms based projects, but lacks some examples and help for web based projects.

My last post just couldn't be answered and I think it's was a very simple question...

Though I've tried, just go on and keep making the StrataFrame more robust and a good choice for web based projects as I think it is for winforms.

I apologize for the incovenience that my posts may cause, is not my intention to discourage anyone using StrataFrame.

Best regards

Fábio
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...