StrataFrame Help on Pocket PC

Author
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
A post was recently added by Keith Gordijn which had to be removed as there was formatting posted within it that prevented the page from loading.

However, from the text that was readable, we do not plan on making any changes at the moment to allow the SF documentation to be viewable on a Pocket PC.  There is just too little demand and far too much work in order to make this happen.  I can see how this might be a nice feature for those who want to read from a PDA and I appreciate your request.  But this is not something that we intend to add to our development schedule as a priority at the moment.

One suggestion would be to convert the CHM into a PDF (just print to a PDF) and then view the PDF on the PDA. 

Sorry for any inconveniences that this might cause you, but this is in fact, the first time that we have even had this request and it would require a fair amount of resources in order to make this happen.  I am sure that you understand.

Keith Gordijn
Keith Gordijn
StrataFrame Novice (55 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (55 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (55 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (55 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (55 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (55 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (55 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (55 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (55 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi Trent,

I understand the cost/benefit for fixing the help file just for the ppc is not there. I was only using the ppc while on the bus to work etc. so its not really an issue.

Can you tell me what was wrong in the format of my first post so I can avoid it in the future.

Cheers, Keith
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Can you tell me what was wrong in the format of my first post so I can avoid it in the future.

To be honest I am not sure what happened.  When the page attempted to load, it was just blank.  I didn't go an look within the database to see what was in the contents.  However, one good rule of thumb is that if you are pasting any formatted text, it doesn't hurt to first post into NotePad or something to strip out the formatting.  But past that, I am not sure exactly what happened.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...