create database failed when deploying.

Author
Keith Gordijn
StrataFrame Novice (55 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (55 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (55 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (55 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (55 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (55 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (55 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (55 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (55 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi All,

I am creating a project and have created my database and tables via DDT but when deploying so I can test my forms I get the attached results log ExerciseManager_results.txt that tells me it cannot create the StrataFrameSample database as it already exists. I did import the customer, product, and order tables from the StrataFrameSample database, which I am thinking has something to do with the problem, but I have set my DDT project to create a database called ExerciseManager and I cannot find why it wants to create the StrataFrameSample database.

Being a complete newbie I am probably missing something basic and will probably have a good forehead slap when I find out what I am doing wrong but at the moment cannot find it.

Can anyone point me in the right direction.

Cheers, Keith
Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame MVPs
Hey Keith.

When you imported the structure of the StrataFrameSample tables into your DDT project, didn't it create a StrataFrame database into your project? If so, copy the tables' structures from the StrataFrameSample in your DDT into your database (right click on the table name, then "Copy to").

After that you can delete the StrataFrameSample database from your DDT project, BUT PLEASE, GO TO THE "OBJECT NAME HISTORY" AND DELETE THE HISTORY ITEM THAT IS CREATED TO DELETE THE STRATAFRAMESAMPLE DATABASE FROM YOUR SQL SERVER, otherwise you will have the StrataFrameSample deleted from it too.

Hope it helps.

Cheers.

Keith Gordijn
Keith Gordijn
StrataFrame Novice (55 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (55 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (55 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (55 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (55 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (55 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (55 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (55 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (55 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi Ivan,

Thanks for your reply but the StrataFrameSample database was not in the project. However, while I was back in the project I systematically selected each node in the treeview control for my database. Then went and looked at each listing in the right side.

Under the File Groups - PRIMARY listing I found the StrataFrameSample as the data file. Changed this to the correct name and everything worked perfectly. Still not sure what I did but I now know more about the DDT than before so alls good.BigGrin

As a sideline how was the training last week? Didn't buy too many beers?

Cheers.
Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame MVPs
Good you got it working!

The training class was top quality.  A really great week.

And, in the end, Trent got to pay all the beers... BigGrin

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...