Training in Amarillo, my experience....

Author
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi all,

It has been a while since I have gone to a worthy training session.  I have to admit that at the beginning looking at the SF training info on the web I did not quite understand why they would need 5 days of training.

Well to my surprise, the last week (July 14-19) has been so far the most productive training session I have take in a while. It was worth every penny and effort to get to Amarillo, I though I would have time to get to know Amarillo, but nope, I ended up getting tire at the end of the day due to all the information provided during each session.

The SF Team is just great, Steve, Ben, Justin and Trent participated all day, every day of the training taking care of not only SF related question. They answered every question asked by us, and with great detail in most cases, they provided us with a huge, nice colored and professionally binded training curriculum book, printed with sample code for all 23 chapters.

During the class, a new project was created to explain all chapters and the source code was provided immediately via an FTP server for the class and of course a very solid and fast wireless Internet access all the time.

The food was pretty good, with a different menu everyday and of course, plenty of soda, water, ice tea, coffee and pastries to keep us busy during the long day of training.

They even went the extra mile and show us what they have been able to do with SF in their Medical Application which is filled with tons of great features for the end user.  And the initial version of the new SF Sample application called StrataFlix which show us a new way to design front end applications with a clean and fully commented code.

Button line is that a couple of developers here have mentioned how good the training was, and I honestly did not have that expectation, but after taking the training class in Amarillo I can proudly say that it was WORTHY EVERY PENNY! and I fully recommend it to any SF developer.

There si much more to say but I will leave that to other members of the class.

Edhy Rijo

Doron Farber
Doron Farber
StrataFrame User (146 reputation)StrataFrame User (146 reputation)StrataFrame User (146 reputation)StrataFrame User (146 reputation)StrataFrame User (146 reputation)StrataFrame User (146 reputation)StrataFrame User (146 reputation)StrataFrame User (146 reputation)StrataFrame User (146 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi All,

The training was great and real samples of code were shown. Interesting session of MS SQL 2005 and some great tips were revealed by Ben. Some nice sample of code was shown almost for any discussion which was covered. Cool Well picture worth 1000 words and we need more code and less talk and that was the training all about. The training notes were really greatly done, covering .Net and the SF. It seems that the SF team really tried hard to pass any valuable piece of info available to them during these 5 days. Ben and Trent answered me a lot of questions regarding my project and even looked at some issues with controls while looking at my laptop. Trent showed us sample code for real problems and for each session a whole zip file was created for us so we can look at this code later on. The food was great and was more than enough.

The training worth any penny of it and highly recommend it. Cool

Regards,

Doron
http://www.dfarber.com

Randy Jean
Randy Jean
StrataFrame User (127 reputation)StrataFrame User (127 reputation)StrataFrame User (127 reputation)StrataFrame User (127 reputation)StrataFrame User (127 reputation)StrataFrame User (127 reputation)StrataFrame User (127 reputation)StrataFrame User (127 reputation)StrataFrame User (127 reputation)
I would just like to echo the comments regarding the training. Well worth it. It reminded me of when I first started trying to use VFE (for VFP) without any training and was constantly fighting the framework because I just didn't know any better. Then, when we finally got to training it was like AH HA! and you get to see how to really leverage the power of a very well designed framework. Not only did they cover Stratframe, but had excellent material on best practices for .NET and SQL Server. I came away feeling re-energized and excited about getting to use all the cool new stuff we learned.

I was very impressed by the depth of knowledge the Microfour team has in so many areas, and they were very hospitable and personable. Just really good people in general. I also enjoyed meeting and chatting face to face with the other Strataframe users.

I think the future of Strataframe is looking so bright I gotta wear shades Cool

Amarillo was much nicer than I expected as well. Lots of great restaurants, good accommodations, everything easy to get to off I-40, etc. And we were very lucky to have nice weather too boot.

I sure hope they continue offering this top-notch training (and possibly an annual developer conference?) What's amazing is they were able to do this even with how busy they are developing their new PracticeStudio applications and supporting Strataframe. Incredible!

Charles R Hankey
Charles R Hankey
Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)
Group: Forum Members

I've spent a lot of my career doing both in-house and corporate framework training and this was the best training class I've ever been in - including the one's I've given Smile

Trent and Ben gave full effort, all the time, and had a grasp of the material and an ability to communicate it that is very rare in any field. Steve Taylor - of Microfour's senior generation - said more things that made sense in less time than I think I've ever heard from one person in the developer world in the last 25 years.

As others have said, the atmosphere and warm welcome from the family at Microfour spoke well of these folks as individuals and of Microfour as a company with a great future.

Of course the star of the show was Strataframe. Far more impressive than I would have even imagined and I went in with very high expectations.

I see really good things developing in both the framework and the user community.

I cannot recommend the training highly enough and hope all forms of Strataframe training will be expanded over the years so developers can really come to appreciate what an extraordinary tool this is and can use it to its full potential.

Very special company, very good people, extraordinary value in a framework and training. Could not be more pleased.

I really hope that working together we can build the developer community here to leverage our discoveries, enthusiasm and opportunities.

Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Charles R Hankey (07/22/2008)
I really hope that working together we can build the developer community here to leverage our discoveries, enthusiasm and opportunities.

Hi Charles,

I can not agree with you more. Tongue 

BTW, nice meeting you, Randy and the rest of the gang in Amarillo.

Edhy Rijo

Gene Stein
Gene Stein
StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)
Keith Chisarik
Keith Chisarik
StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)
this spam needs to be stopped.

Keith Chisarik
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...