Creating VS Templates

Author
E
StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi all,

I am in the process of creating some templates based on the logic used in the new StrataFlix sample application created by the StrataFrame Team.

After Trent pointed me to some sites with info on how to create templates, I found this video on the MSDN site which shows just that: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vbasic/cc308390.aspx

Also there are many other short videos which you may find interesting here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vbasic/bb466226.aspx

Edhy Rijo

Charles R Hankey
Charles R Hankey
Advanced StrataFrame User (566 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (566 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (566 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (566 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (566 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (566 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (566 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (566 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (566 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Boy Eddy, we really are on the same page! I have been trying to figure out a "best practice" template with which I will begin production apps. I like some of the UI stuff in Strataflix and I also want to incorporate Using stored procs wherever possible to retrieve all the data needed for a form in one server trip. See my message in the Framework section. Would be interested in anybody's ideas on this as it seems to be something I'd be using a lot.

Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi Charles,

Yes, we are in the same page here Smile.  My plan is to have a project template with all the things I will use in most projects.  So far after the training class I am having my project better organized and once I reach that point of standarized most things I need, then I will create a Project Template.

Again, don't confuse the template with inheritance, a project template will need to be updated everytime SF sent updates that may affect whatever is included in the template.

Edhy Rijo

Charles R Hankey
Charles R Hankey
Advanced StrataFrame User (566 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (566 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (566 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (566 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (566 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (566 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (566 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (566 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (566 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Exactly. Currently I'm working on 5 project template, a base form, and a base BO, Of course it would be nice to abstract the interface controls that are being used instead of standard menus.

Their are some loose folders etc in Strataflix that I am not sure are actually part of the design but I guess we'll know as the project evolves

Just picking over what is in Strataflix is an education in itself but I am working on a step-by-step to give myself a better understanding of how it all works.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...