This server is not licensed to run on the requested hostname.

Author
Keith Chisarik
StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
The license DLL is in the bin folder.

Stop Date: 1/1/1800

Host Name: unknown

Registered Company: Sdsi

Registered Name: Keith Chisarik

Serial Number: 77172-EF70B-942D7-B18C6-155EE

Keith Chisarik

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Ended up being a license file in the GAC which is read over the local license file....once removed from teh GAC...worked like a champ Smile
Keith Chisarik
Keith Chisarik
StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)
The fix, make sure the only version of the license file Microfour License.dll is in the BIN folder of the ES website. I had another one that was incorrect.

I am all connected with my app, thanks.

Keith Chisarik

Keith Chisarik
Keith Chisarik
I never tried to update until today. Any idea what this might be? I get this when trying to update any field.

The app runs fine without using ES.

BusinessLayerException

An error occurred while saving an the data to the server.

DataLayerSavingException

Bad Data.

CryptographicException

Bad Data.

Source     : MicroFour StrataFrame Business

Stack Trace:

at System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException.ThrowCryptogaphicException(Int32 hr)

at System.Security.Cryptography.Utils._DecryptData(SafeKeyHandle hKey, Byte[] data, Int32 ib, Int32 cb, Byte[]& outputBuffer, Int32 outputOffset, PaddingMode PaddingMode, Boolean fDone)

at System.Security.Cryptography.CryptoAPITransform.TransformFinalBlock(Byte[] inputBuffer, Int32 inputOffset, Int32 inputCount)

Method not found: 'System.Data.IDataReader MicroFour.StrataFrame.Data.DbDataSourceItem.ExecuteReader(System.Data.Common.DbCommand, Boolean, System.String)'.

MissingMethodException
Method not found: 'System.Data.IDataReader MicroFour.StrataFrame.Data.DbDataSourceItem.ExecuteReader(System.Data.Common.DbCommand, Boolean, System.String)'.

Source : MicroFour StrataFrame Enterprise

Stack Trace:
at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Data.Enterprise.RequestProcessor.ExecuteReader(ExecuteReaderParams params, Guid clientId, Boolean isServerRequest, Byte[] rawRequest)
at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Enterprise.Server.RemoteDataSource.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)

Keith Chisarik
Keith Chisarik
Keith Chisarik
I found this post which looks like a winner maybe? I do have both 1.5.0 and 1.6.0 versions of each SF assembly in my GAC on the production server ES is running on since some apps go back a ways and I really dont want to have to go back and update and redeploy. Some of them (websites) havent been touched in 2 years but run fine every day.

In the GAC I have a 1.5 and 1.6 for  AddIns, Base, Business, DBEngine, Extensibiity, and UI. The Enterprise assemblies are only in the BIN directory.  Hope this helps you point me in the right direction.

Data displays fine, reports run, just cant update anything.

Keith Chisarik

Keith Chisarik
Keith Chisarik
bump

Keith Chisarik
Dustin Taylor
Dustin Taylor
StrataFrame Team Member (484 reputation)
There is a spot in the datasources.config file to put the expected version for the assembly that contains the data source item you are trying to load. Make sure that is set to 1.6.0.0, and it should pull the correct assembly when there are multiple versions available for it to choose from.

If that doesn't work, you'll have to either update everything to the latest version, or pull everything out of the GAC and place the appropriate assemblies in the folders for each website so that each website only pulls its own assemblies.  That way you can have several "1.6.0.0" version assemblies on the same machine.

Keith Chisarik
Keith Chisarik
I got this fixed by updating all my projects on the production server to use 1.6.6 and updated all assemblies in the GAC.

Follow up: How do I remove the old 1.5.0 assemblies from the GAC? Right cCick-Uninstall yields dependency errors and I am hesitant to try some of the suggestions on MSDN because they dont seem to specify how to uninstall an assembly of a specific version only. I have two of each SF assembly; a 1.5 which needs to go, and a 1.6 which would be very bad if it went Smile

Keith Chisarik

Dustin Taylor
Dustin Taylor
StrataFrame Team Member (484 reputation)
You should be able to use GACUTIL.exe to get rid of it. Sometimes they get a bit stuck in there, in such cases the GACUTIL works pretty well to pry them out whether they are willing or not Wink. The other option is to turn off your fusion viewer and go digging to see if you can just delete them yourself.

A decent write-up on GACUTIL: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ex0ss12c(VS.80).aspx

To turn off the fusion viewer, add a "DisableCacheViewer" DWORD registry key with a value of 1 to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...