Web User Control Support

Author
Chan
Advanced StrataFrame User (609 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (609 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (609 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (609 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (609 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (609 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (609 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (609 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (609 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

I have tried to implement WebUserControlBase based on ApplicationBasePage approach. I am able to make BO visible to SF Web Control for binding. However, when I try to select bindingField, it complaint base type ApplicationBasePage is not found.

Any workaround?

Thank you
Chan
Chan
Advanced StrataFrame User (609 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (609 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (609 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (609 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (609 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (609 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (609 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (609 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (609 reputation)
Hi,

I need this as well.

Shall you guide me how to do this?

Thank you
Ertan Deniz
Ertan Deniz
StrataFrame User (165 reputation)StrataFrame User (165 reputation)StrataFrame User (165 reputation)StrataFrame User (165 reputation)StrataFrame User (165 reputation)StrataFrame User (165 reputation)StrataFrame User (165 reputation)StrataFrame User (165 reputation)StrataFrame User (165 reputation)
I don't need Business Object Base and DotnetNuke wrapper object. I need "Web User Control" base object like ApplicationBasePage.

Since ApplicationBasePage is in the framework, "Web User Controlbase object" may be included easily.

Dustin Taylor
Dustin Taylor
StrataFrame Team Member (488 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Developing our own rapper or base classes for dotnuke isn't something we're looking at in the near future.

Regardless, we recommend creating your own base form or page to work from is something we always recommend whether you are developing in winforms or webforms. Even if the base form/page does nothing but inherit, it can still be extremely usefully if a need arises that you need to account for across your entire application.
Ertan Deniz
Ertan Deniz
StrataFrame User (165 reputation)StrataFrame User (165 reputation)StrataFrame User (165 reputation)StrataFrame User (165 reputation)StrataFrame User (165 reputation)StrataFrame User (165 reputation)StrataFrame User (165 reputation)StrataFrame User (165 reputation)StrataFrame User (165 reputation)
I don't have much time to develop base object and test it due to project's time limitations. May be later I have some time.

If you can test it with dotnetnuke and develop base user control object.

Not : Dotnetnuke is very popular and I think we see many posts on this topic in coming days. 

Dustin Taylor
Dustin Taylor
Are you always going to have the same strataframe controls and configuraiton within all of your web controls? If so, then yes, you could add all of that to a base object, and then inherit it from the individual user controls.

I'm not sure what exactly you are asking outside of that. What problems are you running into, specifically?

Ertan Deniz
Ertan Deniz
Can  this feature be supported through WebControlBase object ?

I've tested WebBindingSource in a web user control noticed that the system has tried to locate ApplicationPageBase object.

I'm trying to use strataframe in Dotnetnuke application. We plan to develop portal modules which means web user control (.ascx) for the dotnetnuke portal engine.

I need some detailed information to progress.

Thanks.

Dustin Taylor
Dustin Taylor
Web controls are a little different than winforms controls, but you can still use them. You can call whatever strataframe controls you need to inside of your web control, but you will have to take the binding for them into account in the render method of your web control. In winforms it handles the equivelant functions for you, but in web you have to do it yourself.

Outside of that, you're free to use them as you wish Smile

Ertan Deniz
Ertan Deniz
How can we use StrataFrame components in a web user control ?

Web Page was supported through "ApplicationBasePage".

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...