How do you reset the database connection for Sample Console App

Author
Mike Thomas
StrataFrame Beginner (32 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (32 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (32 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (32 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (32 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (32 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (32 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (32 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (32 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
How do you reset the database connection for Sample Console App?  I entered in the wrong database information.
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Well there are a couple of ways.  But the quickest and easiest would be to just delete the AppKeys.dat and Connections.dat files from the C:\ProgramData\MicroFour\ConnectionData folder (on Vista it will be in the c:\Documents And Settings\user\... on XP)
Mike Thomas
Mike Thomas
StrataFrame Beginner (32 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (32 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (32 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (32 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (32 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (32 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (32 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (32 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (32 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Thank you.  Tried that.  When i went in look at the sql databases i did not see a strataframe sample database.  perhaps that wasn't created during install.  any ideas? or just reinstall everything?  i am on the beta 1.6.6
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
This is an option when installing SF...the only way it would not have been installed is if it were unselected.  Just re-run the SF install and be sure to allow the StrataFrameSample database to load.  Also, if you really want a good sample, load the StrataFlix sample found here on the forum.  It is a larger scale sample and covers a LOT more graound than pretty much all of the other samples put together.  You can get it here: http://forum.strataframe.net/FindPost18186.aspx 
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...