DDT did not import all of the stored procedures

Author
Jeff Pagley
StrataFrame User (305 reputation)StrataFrame User (305 reputation)StrataFrame User (305 reputation)StrataFrame User (305 reputation)StrataFrame User (305 reputation)StrataFrame User (305 reputation)StrataFrame User (305 reputation)StrataFrame User (305 reputation)StrataFrame User (305 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi SF Team,

I am using DDT for the first time.   I'm using version 1.6.5.3.  After importing the database (SQL Server 2005), there are several stored procedures that are missing.  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Jeff

Greg McGuffey
Greg McGuffey
Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Jeff,

You should consider downloading the latest beta (don't let the beta scare you...MicroFour (SF parent company) uses it in production with their medical software and many of us also use their betas in production (I'm using I believe the 8/1 beta it in production myself and currently building on the 8/17 beta...about to release that into production). Typically, their betas are very stable. There have been a lot of improvements/changes/fixes to the DDT since 1.6.5.3.

It would also be of great help if you provided some detail as to what you attempted.

Finally, if you don't get a response in a day or so, you can "bump" the post by posting a followup, something like "Any ideas?".
Jeff Pagley
Jeff Pagley
StrataFrame User (305 reputation)StrataFrame User (305 reputation)StrataFrame User (305 reputation)StrataFrame User (305 reputation)StrataFrame User (305 reputation)StrataFrame User (305 reputation)StrataFrame User (305 reputation)StrataFrame User (305 reputation)StrataFrame User (305 reputation)
Hi Greg,

You should consider downloading the latest beta

Where do I get the latest beta to download?

It would also be of great help if you provided some detail as to what you attempted.

There were no details to give.  Like I said. Using the DDT for the first time, all I did was import an existing database and then view the results and notice many of the stored procedures were missing.

I will try the beta once I know where to download it from.

Thanks, 

Jeff

Greg McGuffey
Greg McGuffey
Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi Jeff!

On the main forum page, the very first forum is "Posted Releases". There is typically a post for each beta, with the most recent being for the current beta. The last post in that thread is the latest beta. The easiest way to get there is to just click link under the date that starts with "In:...". For you convenience, here is the link to the latest:

http://forum.strataframe.net/FindPost18786.aspx

I'd definitely get this installed and try it before we ("we" meant very loosely, as I'm not a big expert on the DDT Unsure ) attempt to solve any problems...that may not actually exist anymore!

However, if it still doesn't work, you might start thinking along these lines:

Is there anything common about the missing sprocs? Like a common naming convention? Schema that is different from others that did import (i.e. the dbo did import but a custom schema like "AppUser" didn't)?

Jeff Pagley
Jeff Pagley

On the main forum page, the very first forum is "Posted Releases". There is typically a post for each beta, with the most recent being for the current beta. The last post in that thread is the latest beta. The easiest way to get there is to just click link under the date that starts with "In:...". For you convenience, here is the link to the latest:

http://forum.strataframe.net/FindPost18786.aspx

I downloaded the latest release and during installation I got the error below.  What do I need to do to correct this?

Dustin Taylor
Dustin Taylor
StrataFrame Team Member (488 reputation)
Could you post your most recent install log? It should have the full exception text and stack trace so we can better diagnose what is going on here.

Thanks BigGrin

Jeff Pagley
Jeff Pagley
Where do I find the log?
Dustin Taylor
Dustin Taylor
You should be able to find it at:
c:\program files\common files\MicroFour\StrataFrame\StrataFrame_ResultsX.log
Where "X" is an incrimenting number (one for each install). You want the highest number (most recent log).
Jeff Pagley
Jeff Pagley
I have attached the latest log.
Dustin Taylor
Dustin Taylor
Do you have the correct server name supplied?

You can test the connection settings in SQL management studio to ensure it all lines up as you are expecting it to from your development machine.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...