Using custom Schemas for RBS tables....

Author
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
It is possible to have the RBS tables use a custom Schema name instead of dbo?

The idea is to have one Database hosted online on my ISP and use a Schema for each project that will use this database, this way I would no need to have several databases online and use one common database for several small projects.

Ex:

• FixTrack.SFSUsers
  • StrataFlix.SFSusers
  • AnotherProject.SFSUsers

Is this something that could be done with today's version of SF?

Are there any changes I would need to do to RBS to make this work?

Edhy Rijo

Dustin Taylor
Dustin Taylor
StrataFrame Team Member (484 reputation)
No, at present it is expecting those structures and names to be exactly what is outlined in the docs (i.e. dbo.SFSUsers). In order to have multiple sets of security data on the same server you would need to have a seperate database for each one and swap between them by swapping the security data source key.
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Hi Dustin,

In my case and I am sure many others, the problem is that ISP charges per database and size of the database, not per table, and using schema seams like a nice approach to have a single online database hosting different small projects.

Honestly, do you think that this could be a realistic enhancement request? even though I am sure it could not be for 1.6 release Hehe, since it looks like the changes needed by the RBS would required using the BOM to change the schema used for the RBS per project or something along those lines.

Edhy Rijo

Dustin Taylor
Dustin Taylor
I can run it past the guys and see what their thoughts are on it, but you're right in that in that, if it is done, it won't make it into 9.6. I'll let you know the response I get either way, though Smile.
Greg McGuffey
Greg McGuffey
Strategic Support Team Member (2.7K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dustin Taylor (09/02/2008)
...if it is done, it won't make it into 9.6.

You guys plan ahead! Wink
Dustin Taylor
Dustin Taylor
Whoops Wink. 1.6.6 I mean.

9.6 is the recent version of our medical software. It will be a while before strataframe catches up with that number, methinks w00t

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...