How to show the RBS Deny message programmatically?

Author
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Well, it is time to get into the RBS (even without printed documents BigGrin).  I have some menu options that will call SF features like MicroFour.StrataFrame.Data.ConnectionManager.ShowAvailableConnectionStrings().

I created a Security Permission named "DatabaseConnection" and assigned a Deny action to some Users, now here is the code I am using to test the security and show the Available Connection Strings form:

Private Sub SetDatabaseConnection()

Dim customViewSecurityKey As String = "DatabaseConnection"

If SecurityBasics.CurrentUser.GetPermission(customViewSecurityKey).Action = PermissionAction.Deny Then

'-- Establish locals

Dim loEventArgs As CheckSecurityEventArgs

'-- Create the event args

loEventArgs = New CheckSecurityEventArgs(customViewSecurityKey)

'-- Raise the denied event

Me.OnSecurityDenied(New SecurityDeniedEventArgs(customViewSecurityKey, loEventArgs.PermissionInfo), True)

Exit Sub

End If

'-- Show the connection dialog and allow a connection to be selected

If MicroFour.StrataFrame.Data.ConnectionManager.ShowAvailableConnectionStrings() Then

'-- Since a connection was selected, then all of the existing dialogs need to be closed

' since their connection is established to the original source.

For Each loForm As Form In Me.MdiChildren

loForm.Close()

loForm.Dispose()

Next

'-- Force the connections to be reset

MicroFour.StrataFrame.Data.ConnectionManager.SetConnections()

End If

End Sub

I got part of the code that deals with Me.OnSecurityDeny from the SF BaseForm class.  This code is working fine, but I wonder this:

1. Am I using this code correctly to show the Deny message?
  2. Or should I just simply be calling the Me.ShowMessageByKey(customViewSecurityKey)?
  3. Or is there a method somewhere that will accept the customViewSecurityKey and show the Deny Message form?

Edhy Rijo

Dustin Taylor
Dustin Taylor
StrataFrame Team Member (484 reputation)
Howdy Smile

You are typically going to use ShowMessageByKey to show a custom security denied message if you are setting up your permissions with a "Message Key" denied action message, otherwise, you would just do a ShowMessage() with the message text.

Either way, you can get the message key or the message text via SecurityBasics.CurrentUser.GetPermission("YourKey").BlockedMessageOrKey

Hope it helps!

Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Hi Dustin,

Thanks for the clarification.

Edhy Rijo

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...