Add an accessible property ViewSecurityKey to the ConnectionManager class

Add an accessible property ViewSecurityKey to the ConnectionManager...
Author
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi,

The following command MicroFour.StrataFrame.Data.ConnectionManager.ShowAvailableConnectionStrings() will show the SF Application Database Connections, it would be nice and consistent to have a ViewSecurityKey property we could set before calling the ShowAvailableConnectionStrings() and let the security do its stuff.

Right now I have to add code to enforce security, and would be much better that this form acts like the MDDeployMain which you can set the ViewSecurityKey via code like this:

'-- Create the deployment form

loDeploy = New MicroFour.StrataFrame.DBEngine.Deployment.MDDeployMain(lcPath & "FixTrack_DD.pkg", "FixTrack")

loDeploy.ViewSecurityKey = "ImportDatabase"

loDeploy.ShowDialog()

loDeploy.Close()

loDeploy.Dispose()

Edhy Rijo

Dustin Taylor
Dustin Taylor
StrataFrame Team Member (484 reputation)
Howdy Smile.

On this, couldn't you wrap your own call in a security key to achieve the desired functionality? I.e. have your own security key on the menu item or button that calls ShowAvailableConnections and use that to prevent access if desired?

Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Dustin Taylor (09/09/2008)
Howdy Smile.

On this, couldn't you wrap your own call in a security key to achieve the desired functionality? I.e. have your own security key on the menu item or button that calls ShowAvailableConnections and use that to prevent access if desired?

Hi Dustin,

Yes that is what I am doing now, but I meant for consistency through all SF features it would be easier, nicier and consistent to simply set the ViewSecurityKey.

Edhy Rijo

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...