Make the ListView.EditChildRecord method public or shared

Author
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
There are situations where the functionality of the EditChildRecord needs to be done programmatically, we need a way to call the EditChildRecord to show the ChildForm from the form where the listview is being used.

Edhy Rijo

Dustin Taylor
Dustin Taylor
StrataFrame Team Member (484 reputation)
Not a bad idea at all, I'll run it by Trent and see what we can do Smile.
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Thanks a lot!

Edhy Rijo

Edhy Rijo
E
Hi Trent,

Are you considering this request to be included in the current 1.6.7 beta?

Edhy Rijo

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Yeah, it is on the list.
Edhy Rijo
E
Great, thank!

Edhy Rijo

Edhy Rijo
E
Hi Trent,

This is a friendly reminder Smile

I know that by now the list may be very lengthy, but I have found myself having the need to use this method from multiple places in different projects and even though I know I could make the change in my version of the source code, I rather have this coming from you guys so I don't have to worry about new update with my projects.

I try to keep all my projects in sync with the latest version all the time, so one less thing to worry would be very helpful. Tongue

Edhy Rijo

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Maybe you should explain further what you are doing to make sure we are on the same page. If you are using the ListView and the ChildFormDialog, you already have the ability to manually manage the edit. So I want to make sure that there isn't the ability (possibly in a different manner) to do what you are trying to accomplish.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...