Deploy to Server

Author
Rafael
StrataFrame Beginner (48 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (48 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (48 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (48 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (48 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (48 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (48 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (48 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (48 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Why Dont found SqlServer ?
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Rafael,

I believe that form relies on the SQL Server Agent to be running to find the SQL servers instance.  Also I think you can type in your SQL Server instance name there too.

Edhy Rijo

Greg McGuffey
Greg McGuffey
Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I think it only finds instances on the local machine. I always just type the server\instance in.
StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
It will broadcast to the network to find services listening on TCP 1433, which is generally your SQL Server instance, or the SQL Browser Service if you have more than one instance running on the machine.  It's code that is part of Microsoft SMO, so we're not in control of the network traffic; we just call a method, and it enumerates the servers for us. 

So, some things that can kill the process of broadcasting to the network are:

1) SQL Server Browse services not running, so therefore, won't respond

2) Firewalls (on your own machine, too) that block the broadcast requests

3) Servers not on your local network (IP subnet) will never be found since an IP broadcast doesn't get routed

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...