Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

Author
Bill Cunnien
StrataFrame VIP (1K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I received the following error when navigating away from an instance of the DevEx XtraGrid (bound to a BO via a BBS):

">

I have tried updating the framework (1.6.6 released version), then I tried updating to the most recent DevEx version (8.2.4).  I have removed the grid and replaced it with another instance.  All attempts have resulted in the same behavior.

Does anyone have any idea why the XtraGrid is causing this error to popup?  Btw, I can answer 'No' and continue using the form.  I'd really like to use the XtraGrid rather than the EnhancedList (which is nice, but lacks a couple of necessary features). 

Thanks for your help!
Bill

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Threaded View
Threaded View
Bill Cunnien - 16 Years Ago
                 Sonds goods...:)
Trent L. Taylor - 16 Years Ago
                         Just to reiterate...the error does not appear with a DataGridView...
                         We have developers using a DevExpress grid and BBS objects every day....
                             From going back and rereading your previous posts, it just sounds like...
                             The details are quite simple (sample app attached). 1) Create form....
                                 The following data retrieval method was not updated properly before I...
                                     I duplicated the details I found in the designer file of a BO and this...
                                         Adding the following fixes the problem. [codesnippet] private...
                                             It worked on the test solution, but my application is not responding...
                                                 Here is the most recent error message for us to work with...
                                                     This looks like you may need to take something into account within...
                                                         Yup...you are right...it is a custom property. Here is the code (the...
                                                             Here is another exception. This one comes about by removing the...
                                                                 EUREKA!! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: Instead of evaulating the object...
                                                                     Stop the presses! The DevEx XtraGrid is not behaving. It still pops...
                                                                     Bill,

Doubt that this is it, but you probably ought to...
Greg McGuffey - 16 Years Ago
                                                                         Without you setting up a sample that reproduces the behavior it is...
                                                                             I did provide a sample project that does exactly what I am...
                                                                                 [codesnippet] if (loValue == null || loValue == DBNull...
                                                                                     I ran your sample, and it did not work. Not SF, but your query would...
                                                                                         Please read all of my posts...I am trying to be as thorough as I can...
                                                                                             Bill, as I have mentioned in previous posts as well, I cannot help you...
                                                                                                 [quote]Bill, as I have mentioned in previous posts as well, I cannot...
                                                                                                     Bill,

I'm not sure if this will help (the last suggestion...
Greg McGuffey - 16 Years Ago
                                                                                                         Thanks, Greg. The code works in the test project using a simple...
                                                                                                             Using a DataGridView . . . success. Using a DevEx GridControl . . ....
                                                                                                                 You can put this on the DevEx support forum, but it won't help you...
                                                                                                                     Youhave misinterpreted what Ihave beenwriting. I am not at all...
                                                                                                                         No worries, we are good, I just want to help you get your problem...
                                                                                         [quote]When the Dispose fires, that strong-type field is being...
                                                                                             Change this . . . [codesnippet] public void FillAll() {...
                                                                                                 That was exactly my point, Bill!!!!! YOU MUST either pull back a...