Data Deployment not working

Author
Aaron Young
StrataFrame User (349 reputation)StrataFrame User (349 reputation)StrataFrame User (349 reputation)StrataFrame User (349 reputation)StrataFrame User (349 reputation)StrataFrame User (349 reputation)StrataFrame User (349 reputation)StrataFrame User (349 reputation)StrataFrame User (349 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi,

I have been adding new permissions and assigning them to roles quite a lot of late. I then deploy the data only to my database and it appears to work as no errors are reported in DDT and it reports the data has been updated. However, the production database is not updated and the only way I can get it to work is to delete all records from the SFSRolesXPermissions and SFSPermissions tables first. When I do this the DDT will then update the data.

From memory, the last time I think it worked was a couple of versions back in the beta. I am now running the release version from the main website.

Thanks,

Aaron

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Well, this has not been changed in a very long time...but I think I know what your problem is.  The reason that when you clear them out that it works is because of the DDT Data Package override option.  By default this should be set to Always Override on permissions, but is sounds like it is set to Ignore.  Change this to Override and then you should not have this issue.  I feel very confident that this works as I create and redeploy new permissions to a test server every day...that is why there is now a Deply Data Only option in the standard MDDeployMain dialog through the DDT...got tired of having to deploy structures along with data! Smile
Aaron Young
Aaron Young
StrataFrame User (349 reputation)StrataFrame User (349 reputation)StrataFrame User (349 reputation)StrataFrame User (349 reputation)StrataFrame User (349 reputation)StrataFrame User (349 reputation)StrataFrame User (349 reputation)StrataFrame User (349 reputation)StrataFrame User (349 reputation)
Hi Trent,

The Overwrite property is set for all packages and the two attached screenshots show this and also the results of the deployment. I did recently delete and recreate the packages so maybe something else has gone wrong.

I will try deleting and recreating them again later.

Thanks

Attachments
Deployment.png (160 views, 26.00 KB)
Deployment02.png (154 views, 26.00 KB)
Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame MVPs
Hey Aaron.

Have you tried deleting the Security packages from the DDT Deployment Data node, and then adding them back again?

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)
Let me know if you don't make any progress, but this is something that we literally do every day on the current build, so I know that it will work....but there just may be something else in the forumla that we are missing. Ermm
Aaron Young
Aaron Young
I know where you are coming from Trent because I used it alot too and it worked. I think the problem coincides with the time I moved my original packages into a second database and then changed my mind a couple of days later and moved them back Smile

I just deleted and recreated the packages and the second time I did this it started working again. No real reason why but something must have got messed up in there.

Thanks for the help.

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
Well, I am glad that you are back in business Smile
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...