StrataFlix and Report SharpShooter

Author
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi Trent,

I am about to start working on some reports for my 1st SF project, for now I will used the free version of Report SharpShooter and honestly I have no idea where to start even to create the report and use the BBS with it.

Do you think you guys could put together a simple quick sample report in StrataFlix using Report SharpShooter?

You already included 3 reports using MS report, but I am really stuck on this and would like to use Report SharpShooter instead.

Edhy Rijo

Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame MVPs
I hate being repetitive, but you could have a look at this post:

http://forum.strataframe.net/FindPost19042.aspx

BigGrin

Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)
Ivan George Borges (09/26/2008)
I hate being repetitive...

Hi Ivan,

Not a problem with being repetitive.  I have looked at those post, but still I am not able to start up with the build process of the reports.  I checked the RSS web site for any video on how to create a report and their help file is not that clear either.

I am re-visiting again your posts, but it would be very helpful, at least to me to have one of the reports included in StrataFlix done with RSS.

Edhy Rijo

Edhy Rijo
E
Ivan, I am doing this in the SimpleReportShooterSample:
  • Add a new item to the project based on "SF CustomBusinessBindingSource" template, named MyTest.
  • When the wizard shows I select the following:
    • BO = CustomerBO
    • Create a Reporting Business Object = checked.
    • Create a Custom Business Binding Source = checked.
    • Use a Namespace = Not checked.
  • The file MyTestBBS.vb is created with the following code:

Public Class MyTestBBS

Inherits MicroFour.StrataFrame.Business.BusinessBindingSource(Of SimpleReportShooterSample.CustomersBO)

End Class

• Now I build the project, open the Form1.vb and MyTestBBS is not shown in the Toolbox.  Everything else is showing fine in the Toolbox since I have AutoToolboxPopulate = True.

Edhy Rijo

Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)
Now I build the project, open the Form1.vb and MyTestBBS is not shown in the Toolbox.  Everything else is showing fine in the Toolbox since I have AutoToolboxPopulate = True.

Hey Edhy, regarding to the toolbox, have a look at the Help file:

Also, I have built a sample project on how to generate a report with Report Sharp-Shooter and a CustomBusinessBindingSource, hope it helps.

Abraços.

Attachments
WindowsApplication1.zip (262 views, 1.00 MB)
Edhy Rijo
E
Thanks again Ivan,

Will check your sample.

Edhy Rijo

Edhy Rijo
E
Hi Ivan,

Thanks a lot for your sample and the reference to the help file, I was obviously missing the ToolBoxItem part and assuming it should show up by default.

When creating a report I noticed you use "InlineReportSlot", is there a particular reason to use this in SF application, or it is just your preference?

Edhy Rijo

Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
When creating a report I noticed you use "InlineReportSlot", is there a particular reason to use this in SF application, or it is just your preference?

No special reason, really. To be honest, I haven't tried any of the others.

Glad it helped over there. Wink

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
The InlineReportSlot will give you some additional flexibility if you choose to serialize the report and store it in a database (which is what we do in our medical software).
Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Yeah! Of course, now I remember why I chose it. BigGrin
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...