New Wizard Page Status Request

Author
Greg McGuffey
Strategic Support Team Member (2.7K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I've been using the SF Wizard and would like to request an additional page status: Warning. This would be for pages that don't necessarily stop the wizard from functioning, but which the user might want to take a look at. This would also require a warning status image property on the progress indicator too.

I'm building a wizard to create a shared connection file (I'm not using the SF shared connection file because I don't want the user to see any db info and I also want more than one connection in the file - i.e. the app connection and the security connection in the same file...wasn't hard to do BigGrin ). I have pages for the user to test the connection. I'd like to be able to indicate that they haven't tested the connection yet....i.e. a warning.

Nothing urgent...just thought I'd throw this out while the idea was fresh! Tongue
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
I don't know that another page type is necessary.  I do this all of the time...including a warning icon in the ProgressIndicator.  You can use custom images on the progress incidator and set them to whatever you like.  So I have a set of 4 images that I will use including a warning image and then set the icon to a custom image.  As for the warning page, I will use the watermark image and place it at the top right with a warning image.  I then will create a list (or in some cases a custom control depending on what I am doing) on the warning page with all of the warnings and errors.  So I don't think that you need a warning page as I have probably 8-10 wizards as we speak that have a warning page and update the progress indicator manually to show the warning icon.
Greg McGuffey
Greg McGuffey
I'm not quite following you. Are you saying you can set an icon for the progress indicator for a specific page? How does that work?

Also, what event would you handle to show the warning page instead of the normal finish page?

Thanks for the help! BigGrin

Oh, I might suggest that help be included on how to use the wizard controls, including some of these sort of ideas. BigGrin
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
You can have all of the finish pages that you want.  So if you have a problem, just show the "warning" finish page instead of the "Normal" finish page.  You would handle this in the FinishClicked or redirect on a NextClicked event.  You can 100% control the flow of the WIzard pages...so you would just create another wizard page.
Greg McGuffey
Greg McGuffey
I got if figured out, but I'm wondering if I missed something.

My first attempt was to put it at the end, but then it showed a finish button (they can cancel from warnings page, but not finish) and could find no way to tell the wizard that I didn't want a finish button (it was as setup page, not an official finish page).

I then tried it at the other end, as the first page, but then it wouldn't show a back button (I didn't try the ShowBackButton...found that later...maybe it would have worked?), which it obviously needed so they could go back and fix things. I ended up putting in a known location and writing a fair amount of code in the BackClicked and NextClicked event handlers to get navigation correct.

So is there some way to manage what buttons are shown, especially the finish button? I could find no property to manage this button at all (of course, I'm likely missing something!).

Thanks for the help...I'm getting there BigGrin
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
Well, there are a number of things here.  First of all, you can always control which buttons are shown and you also have control over their enabled states.  You can also determine if a page is a Finish page (forced) by setting the NavigationType of a page to FinishPage.

On the wizard control itself, you can control each of the buttons through the ButtonSettings (i.e. BackButtinSettings, CancelButtonSettings, etc.).  You can then use the Show properties to determine if they will be shown (i.e. ShowBackButton, etc.).

Finally, the wizard control has a method to control the enabled states of the buttons:

this.wizardControl1.SetNavigationButtonStatus(MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.WizardNavigationButtons.Back, MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.WizardNavigationButtonStatus.Enabled)

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...