Embedded Resource Problem - NOT A SF ISSUE

Author
Geoff Hirst
StrataFrame User (171 reputation)StrataFrame User (171 reputation)StrataFrame User (171 reputation)StrataFrame User (171 reputation)StrataFrame User (171 reputation)StrataFrame User (171 reputation)StrataFrame User (171 reputation)StrataFrame User (171 reputation)StrataFrame User (171 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

I am writing to see if anyone else has come up against this. My machine has 4GB RAM (3.5 visible). I am running VS2008 SP1. When I compile my project I get the following error for approximately 18 items.

Error 3 Unable to embed resource file 'F:\Alarm64\Alarm64\obj\Debug\SFB.Alarm64.Alarm64_CCTVLocationMF.resources': System Error &H8007000e&

The resource files in question are not large ones either.

Now, I have done a heap googling and the MSDN docs only refer to this as having a linker message along with it, but I don't get a linker error message. The actual hex error points to a memory issue, but I don't really know why that should be. I have 2 partial resolutions one is to use the /3GB clip in windows, this resolves the problem, but causes issues in other software, the other is a wrapper I found for VS2008 that reduces the memory fragmentation that occurs.

Has anyone else seen/resolved this issue?

thanks

Geoff

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
I have not run into this issue and we have quite a few resource files in our medical software.  However, since we loaded SP1, we have all been having a lot more Out Of Memory exceptions and issues...I would suspect that if you are running SP1 for VS 2008 that this may be your issue....as to how to fix...the only thing that would come to mind might be splitting up the resources and created multiple resource files instead of placing all embedded resources in the project resource.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...