ASP.NET design time integration

Author
Chan
Advanced StrataFrame User (609 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (609 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (609 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (609 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (609 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (609 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (609 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (609 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (609 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

May I have any reference of doing ASP.NET design time integration?

I found that most articles about this topic are for WinForm app. Is it the same as ASP.NET?

I also found a VS 2005 article that mentioned we need to use XSD to defined object properties in order HTML view able to use it for "intellisense". However, I used to have few properties that able to be listed in intellisense property list even define XSD.

I feel a bit confuse here. Therefore, I would like have the "correct" reference.

Thank you
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
I assume that you are referring to creating type editors or creating an Add-In for ASP.NET.  In this case, it really isn't much different than developing for a WinForm app.  All of this is done within the design-time environment (DTE) which is actually quite powerful.  Your first add-in will make you swear a little BigGrin, but once you get past some of the learning curves it really is a nice internal tool to build on.

As for me posting a sample here, this is more like an entire training session.  The first place that I would start would be creating a .NET add-in and learn to use the DTE tools (EnvDte8, etc.).  Another way to interface with the DTE in a development environment is to create a Macro.  These are useful as well and do not require as much "Upstart" cost in regards to creating the assemblies. 

Greg McGuffey
Greg McGuffey
Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)
Your first add-in will make you swear a little...

"A little more" than if you hit your thumb with a hammer I'm betting! Wink

As for me posting a sample here, this is more like an entire training session. The first place that I would start would be creating a .NET add-in and learn to use the DTE tools (EnvDte8, etc.).

So, have you guys consider an advanced application development class that might cover something like this (plus other more advanced stuff)? I'd be very interested! BigGrin
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)
So, have you guys consider an advanced application development class that might cover something like this (plus other more advanced stuff)? I'd be very interested!

Yeah, this would be some good material.  We have really expanded the class since you came, but this would be a good Tips and Tricks on the advanced side of things.

Greg McGuffey
Greg McGuffey
Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)
Do you have a ball park month for the next training yet? I need to start bugging my boss BigGrin
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
I will have to talk with the guys...I will see if they are closing in on some dates.
Chan
Chan
Advanced StrataFrame User (609 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (609 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (609 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (609 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (609 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (609 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (609 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (609 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (609 reputation)
Hi,

Any plan to include online session for Asia users? Flying to US from my country is quite costly.

Thank you
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
At present, no.  Sorry Ermm
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...