DatabaseMigrator Class

Author
Geoff Hirst
StrataFrame User (171 reputation)StrataFrame User (171 reputation)StrataFrame User (171 reputation)StrataFrame User (171 reputation)StrataFrame User (171 reputation)StrataFrame User (171 reputation)StrataFrame User (171 reputation)StrataFrame User (171 reputation)StrataFrame User (171 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

I have had some recent success with integrating the custom deployment sample into my application. What I have discovered is that it's a little more sensitive than the standard deployment method and as such I would like to get the log file returned in my error email.

The Logpathandfilename would be fine, but I would like to get the file that SF creates if possible.

can you help?

thanks in advance

Geoff.

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
First, to turn on logging you would just do the following if you want SF to name the files for your:

Dim mg As New MicroFour.StrataFrame.DBEngine.SQL.DatabaseMigrator("MyConnectionSTring", Me)
mg.LogFilePathAndFileName = ""
mg.EnableLogging = True

If you want to name the path and file name yourself, set the LogFilePathAndFileName.  Otherwise, SF will create the name in the location of the PKG file and will have a naming schema like this:

PackageFileName_Results.log (First time)
PackageFileName_ResultsN.log (N will be an auto-incremented number)

In our medical software we send the results log as well after an installation, we just get all of the files in that location for that name and send them.  Once sent, we move or rename those files so that they don't get sent again when an install is performed later.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...