Modifying the User Table

Author
Michael Reese
StrataFrame User (299 reputation)StrataFrame User (299 reputation)StrataFrame User (299 reputation)StrataFrame User (299 reputation)StrataFrame User (299 reputation)StrataFrame User (299 reputation)StrataFrame User (299 reputation)StrataFrame User (299 reputation)StrataFrame User (299 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
What is the recommendation for modifying the User table in my application? I need to track more information and is currently utilizing a separate table and then linking it to the user table.
Greg McGuffey
Greg McGuffey
Strategic Support Team Member (2.7K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I assume you are talking about SFSUsers, the RBS table. In that case, I'm doing exactly what you are doing: using another table and linking them. Otherwise you are likely to run into problems with SF updates, as the DDT package will "fix" your changes whenever they make changes to the RBS tables structures.

You can make like easier on the development side by creating a BO to your linked table, add custom properties to the SFSUsers table, so from your application usage, it is just a single BO to deal with.
Michael Reese
Michael Reese
StrataFrame User (299 reputation)StrataFrame User (299 reputation)StrataFrame User (299 reputation)StrataFrame User (299 reputation)StrataFrame User (299 reputation)StrataFrame User (299 reputation)StrataFrame User (299 reputation)StrataFrame User (299 reputation)StrataFrame User (299 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hey Thanks,
Greg McGuffey
Greg McGuffey
Strategic Support Team Member (2.7K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Any time BigGrin
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...