Unable to import my database using the DDT

Author
Adam Symonds
StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I am just trying out the new version (1.6.6) of the DDT and am unable to import my local database. I am using the Import wizard and It showes all of my tables as checked. However when I click Finish, I see a quick status bar (..Finalizing), the database is added to my profile, but there is no data (no Tables, Stored Procedures).

Now if I import the StrataFrame DB...No problem. I see the status bar importing all the tables, and all the data is there. What am I doing wrong? I don't have much experience with this product. Please help....

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
You are welcome to post your SQL database out here or PM me with it to look at.  Answering this without actually being able to look at your structures is like trying to fly a 747 blind....I might get lucky and hit the runway but it would sure be a lot easier if I could just see it Smile

The bottom line is that an exception is probably being thrown OR you are not running the most recent version of the DDT as there were recently some changes made to the import wizard to respect schema names which caused some issues similar to this.

It looks as though you are a trial user so another option would be to download the 1.6.7 beta which I know should have this issue resolved and that way I know that we are on the same page.  You can get that beta here: http://forum.strataframe.net/FindPost20191.aspx .

It is a supported beta and stable as well.  I would recommend loading this first before sending your structures over.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...