How to change the UI langue

Author
Raymond Lo
StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dear Sir,

In my application, I using the language is chinese Big5 code, the Security library default language is english. Can I change the all the UI default language to Chinese Big5, and how to apply this change?

eg: step 1: convert the  xxx.xml to chinese

step 2:.....

thanks.

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
If you would like, we can send you all of the translation files that are used within the framework so that all of the embedded XML files are transalted to Chinese Big5.  StrataFrame actually uses its own translation tools and localization classes on itself.  So it would just be a matter of sending you these pre-localized keys, translating them into your language, then us re-importing these back into the framework and doing a recompile.  We have done this for 11 other languages.  If you want to do this, then let me know and we can send something your way.  If you want to work through the trial first knowing that this is an option, that is fine too.  But we would be more than willing to help in the above mentioned manner if you decide to do so.
Raymond Lo
Raymond Lo
StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)
Hi Trent L. Taylor,

Actually,we want our application framework can work in the chinese GB and chinese Big 5  languages. So we can translate the language from english to chinese GB&Big5, please send me all the files or tools in need. after finish, we will send back the translated file to you. Because we are want your application framework can support chinese language.

Dustin Taylor
Dustin Taylor
StrataFrame Team Member (484 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Raymond,

Do you know what the Microsoft locale ID is for these languages when used in windows? We need to make sure we have the languages you will be translating to loaded on our development machines before we begin the process. I've attatched a screenshot showing the chinese languages installed by default in windows. Do GB and Big-5 correspond to languages in this list? Or do we need to load a chinese language pack from microsoft to have access to the needed languages?

All we really need is Microsoft's locale ID for the two languages you will be translating to, so if you can tell us that, then that is all we will need. For example, the locale ID for US English is 1033.

Thanks!

Dustin Taylor

Attachments
chinese.png (184 views, 12.00 KB)
Raymond Lo
Raymond Lo
Hi Dustin Taylor,

According to your question, please find attached file for your reference.

Thanks,

Raymond

Attachments
Microsoft_locale_ID.png (193 views, 110.00 KB)
Dustin Taylor
Dustin Taylor
Hi Raymond,

We are ready to send the translation files your way. What e-mail address would you like me to send them to?

Thanks!

Dustin

Raymond Lo
Raymond Lo
Hi Dustin ,

Please send to support@uog.com.hk and hksam@msn.com

Thanks

Raymond

Dustin Taylor
Dustin Taylor
They are on their way. Thanks! BigGrin
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...