please add column collation to DDT

Author
Govinda Berrio
StrataFrame User (204 reputation)StrataFrame User (204 reputation)StrataFrame User (204 reputation)StrataFrame User (204 reputation)StrataFrame User (204 reputation)StrataFrame User (204 reputation)StrataFrame User (204 reputation)StrataFrame User (204 reputation)StrataFrame User (204 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
I have a project that integrates with software whose backend is on SQL Server 2000 and where the database default collation type is Latin1_General_BIN. I created a new database with the standard collation type of SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS. When I try to join tables across database with a foreign key in my database I get an error like "Cannot resolve the collation conflict between "Latin1_General_BIN" and "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS" in the equal to operation."

I figured out that I can change the collation type for columns in the database to avoid this problem. Unfortunately DDT doesn't apply this setting when deploying a DDT package.

Any chance you could add the ability for DDT store this setting and apply it when deploying to a new database?

Thanks,

Govinda
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...