SQL Server Licensing and Version

Author
Bill Cunnien
StrataFrame VIP (1K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello everyone,

It has been quite some time since I was on the forums. I need to get back into the habit of reading the new entries every day. When I was doing that, I was learning something new just about every day.

We are looking at adding a new SQL Server to our environment. Our current environment has one SQL Server 2000 installed. We would like to add a second, physical server to our remote location and keep them synchronized through replication services. 2005 Standard is supported in the SF environment, so we are going to head that way with the version of the database; however, I was hoping someone could shed some light on the licensing issue. It is quite expensive to license SQL Server for the processor(s). At the moment, our SF application uses one user to access the database to perform data operations. That will stay the same. Should I simply include a 5 user CAL to the installation? Would that be enough?

Sorry for my ignorance. My head is swimming with all of the options. Thanks for any insight on this...much appreciated!

Bill
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...