TypeLoadException

Author
Marcel Heitlager
StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Thanks for the response.

I had compiled the app in the latest beta from your site.  So I decided to first reinstall the app to latest release version, recompiled the business objects and try again.  The error then dissapeared.  I guess when I have time I'll try re-installing the beta, rebind/recompile the BO's and see what happens then.

I'll let you know what happens.

Thanks,

Marcel

Dustin Taylor
Dustin Taylor
StrataFrame Team Member (488 reputation)
Howdy!

It looks like you need to either update your StrataFrame Business .dll on the web server (this is the most likely since it works on your XP machine), and/or rebuild your business project (wherever your business objects are stored). We changed the way this works in the latest build, and it looks as though the version of your business objects and the StrataFrame Business .dll version are out of sync.

Check both of those and let us know Smile.

Marcel Heitlager
Marcel Heitlager
StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)
Hi,

I created a web project in vs. 2005.  Later moved to vs. 2008 and it converted it. Also changed it from .net 2.0 to 3.5.

The Solution contains the main webforms project, a bol base project, and a bol project. The solution compiles fine and I can publish and run it to my XP testing server.

But when I publish it to the production windows 2003 server then I get the error below.  Any suggestions on what gives?

Thanks

Server Error in '/testschool_awa' Application.

Could not load type 'MicroFour.StrataFrame.Business.FieldPropertyDescriptor`1' from assembly 'MicroFour StrataFrame Business, Version=1.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=99fe9917f71608a7'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'MicroFour.StrataFrame.Business.FieldPropertyDescriptor`1' from assembly 'MicroFour StrataFrame Business, Version=1.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=99fe9917f71608a7'.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'MicroFour.StrataFrame.Business.FieldPropertyDescriptor`1' from assembly 'MicroFour StrataFrame Business, Version=1.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=99fe9917f71608a7'.]  
AESWebAccess.BOL.AWASchoolInfoBO..cctor() in E:\_VS2008Projects\DEV\AES\AESWebAccess.BOL\AESWebAccess.BOL\AWASchoolInfoBO.Designer.vb:765
[TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'AESWebAccess.BOL.AWASchoolInfoBO' threw an exception.]
[TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]
System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandle& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck) +0
System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean fillCache) +86
System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean fillCache) +230
System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic) +67
MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Web.BasePage.InitializeBusinessObjects(PropertyInfo[] PropertyInfos) +152
MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Web.BasePage.Page_PreLoad(Object sender, EventArgs e) +25
System.Web.UI.Page.OnPreLoad(EventArgs e) +111
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +554

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3082; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3082

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...