Creating a web site project in a separate Solution?

Author
Doron Farber
StrataFrame User (150 reputation)StrataFrame User (150 reputation)StrataFrame User (150 reputation)StrataFrame User (150 reputation)StrataFrame User (150 reputation)StrataFrame User (150 reputation)StrataFrame User (150 reputation)StrataFrame User (150 reputation)StrataFrame User (150 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Thanks Trent
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Gotcha...it really depends on how much you will be in it.  You can add your BO project to more than one solution if you wanted to separate tem out.  But is the web application is something that youa re going to be in a lot, then it would probably be nice in the same solution as the winforms app, etc.
Doron Farber
Doron Farber
StrataFrame User (150 reputation)StrataFrame User (150 reputation)StrataFrame User (150 reputation)StrataFrame User (150 reputation)StrataFrame User (150 reputation)StrataFrame User (150 reputation)StrataFrame User (150 reputation)StrataFrame User (150 reputation)StrataFrame User (150 reputation)
Hi Trent,

Trent L. Taylor (03/06/2009)
Just in case I am not understanding this correctly, feel free to correct my interpretation of your problem.  But when developing web applications, you will always want to create a separate project to house your business objects and then reference that assembly (or project) within your web application.  Adding BOs directly into a web application generally isn't a very good idea as it can produce a number of other issues.  Let me know if this isn't what your were getting at. Smile

I know I need to create a project for the web, and separate project for the BOs.Hehe My question was if in my scenario if I should create also a separate Solution for the Web site project as well.

As I said before I have several projects under the same Solution and all serving the web site(to be) via WinForms for now. In terms of organization I was not sure if I should create the Web Site project under the current Solution, or create a new Solution.

Do you see my point now?Smile

Thanks,

Doron

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Just in case I am not understanding this correctly, feel free to correct my interpretation of your problem.  But when developing web applications, you will always want to create a separate project to house your business objects and then reference that assembly (or project) within your web application.  Adding BOs directly into a web application generally isn't a very good idea as it can produce a number of other issues.  Let me know if this isn't what your were getting at. Smile
Doron Farber
Doron Farber
Hi Trent,

I need to create a web site which I created for it many forms for administration purpose using win forms . The BOs are also in separate folder as well. I tried to follow the same organization as appears in the sample app.

My question is should I create a separate Solution or create another project under the same solution? I am not sure if the web will need any BO created for the admin. The Admin is using a different database as well.

Thanks,

Doron

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...