Visual Studio solution "hooks"?

Author
Keith Chisarik
StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
I would like to somehow warn a developer of certain actions at design time. For instance if a certain file is added to a .NET project as a resource but the developer forgets to embed it because it might only be done rarely, it is a huge problem and I would like to add a message that says "DONT FORGET TO EMBED" when they add it. Possible?

I have done this for certain critical properties in our base classes but I am not sure if the above example is possible where it includes solution/project settings.

I might just need another big sign above my office door?  

This is of course, for a friend.... Smile

Keith Chisarik

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
LOL...I am guessing that this is related to a localization file?  This is probably a good idea and I will add to the list to look at...it may be in a release down the road...because I would hate for you to have to go to the expense of creating a HUGE sign to go above your door! BigGrin
Keith Chisarik
Keith Chisarik
StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
I have .sql script files that I embed to update the structures of the SQLCE database for one of my applications that cannot use DDT. The application keeps the database version in sync with the assembly version and as such if one of these scripts isnt embedded in the EXE to do an update when expected, it isnt good.

Thanks for considering adding this, just knowing it is possible is GREAT!

Keith Chisarik

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...