ES update procedure

Author
Keith Chisarik
StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Can you please outline the procedure to update. I have ES set up, clients using it daily, I set it up months ago and havent much thought of it since. Thanks. I am going from 1.6.5 to 1.6.7 on the production server that hosts ES and 4 SF web applications. I have to recompile all the BO libraries at the same time as well for these projects that are currently in production (ouch).?

Server:

Do I just unzip the contents to the ES site directory and restart the app pool?

Client:

On the client do I just need to make sure Microfour Stratafrma Enterprise Client gets updated?

Changed enterprise server to account for UTC time when passing parameters to commands.
This is a breaking change.  The server and client must both be upgraded or this change will break communication between the ES and the clients.
Before this change, the ES would not consider UTC time when passing parameters on commands, but would use UTC to return the results of a query back to the client (through .NET's serialization of the data table).  Now, UTC is taken into account when passing parameters.
If the CustomDataSerializer is used, UTC is not considered when passing parameters or when returning results back to the client.

Keith Chisarik

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Do I just unzip the contents to the ES site directory and restart the app pool?

Yes.  Just don't override your configuration files that specify your connection strings, etc.  But past that, it is just a matter of copying over the new files.

On the client do I just need to make sure Microfour Stratafrma Enterprise Client gets updated?

Yes.  They will just need the Enterprise and Enterprise Client assemblies to be updated.

Keith Chisarik
Keith Chisarik
StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)
ES Notice: For those developers using the Enterprise Server, attached here is the ES site contents that contains all files necessary to update your ES server sites.  This is an easier mechanism to update than using ther ES install, especially if you already have the site up and running.  Just replace your site contents with these files and the restart IIS and you will be good to go.

I cannot find the updated 1.6.7 ES zip file to update my ES installation in the update thread or in the My Account area. Help appreciated. I need a fix that is in the 1.6.7 latest build.

Where to get this please? The only ES zip in My Account I see is 1.6.6 dated 09/15/2008. 

Thank you.

Keith Chisarik

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Oops....my fault.  Blush

I just added it out there in the downloads section.

Keith Chisarik
Keith Chisarik
Much appreciated.

Keith Chisarik
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...