SQL Functions

Author
Jim Schepflin
StrataFrame Beginner (25 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (25 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (25 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (25 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (25 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (25 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (25 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (25 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (25 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
In the scenarios that I'll be deploying, I know always that I will be going against SQL Server, which allows functions

I'd like to be able to include the functions, and get them created in the correct order. I consider it perfectly acceptable for the client to be unable to install against back ends that don't allow the use of functions

Need: Some of the Views use functions (Pure SQL functions, NOT .Net functions (Yet, but that's coming soon too), for speed reasons. The view creation explicitly fails if the function doesn't exist. Next project is quite likely to require function usage. To add to the fun, some functions use other functions, so should probably be dumped into the creation pool with the views (e.g. Create all Tables, Create all Views/Functions, then Create procs. At least this is the modifications I would have to make to our own, custom deployment app, hoping you guys handle it already!)

StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
The DDT does not support the deployment of UDFs or UDTs... if you need to deploy them, then you'll need to stick to scripting or some other database deployment model.

However, the Application Framework supports them and quite frankly doesn't care where the data comes from, so you could use it for your application without any problems.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...