Web App GetPermission() is always PermissionAction.Grant

Author
Chris Diesel
StrataFrame Novice (114 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (114 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (114 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (114 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (114 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (114 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (114 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (114 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (114 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
I'm working on a web app that uses the same RBS as a windows app I'm also working on.  The web login seems to work fine using SetLoggedInUser() and the CurrentUser is then set to what I would expect.  When I use CurrentUser.GetPermission(), it always returns PermissionAction.Grant.  This happens if the user was granted the specified permission, the specified premission is denied or the specified premission doesn't even exist.  I have IsWebEnvironment=true and DefaultPermissionAction set to Deny in Global.asax.  This is working fine for me in the windows app.  Any ideas what I'm doing wrong on the web side?  Thanks!
Chris Diesel
Chris Diesel
StrataFrame Novice (114 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (114 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (114 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (114 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (114 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (114 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (114 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (114 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (114 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Never mind.  I gave up yesterday.  Reopened the project this morning is it worked fine. ?Crazy?
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
That is a head-scratcher as there should not be any difference.  It could be the whole "have to run VS twice is an assembly is already loaded in teh AppDomain" issue.  .NET design-time likes to hold on to assemblies in the AppDomain so when you run your application the assemblies don't get reloaded into the run-time AppDomain...casuing some craziness at times.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...