Provide history during Deployment

Author
Jim Schepflin
StrataFrame Beginner (25 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (25 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (25 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (25 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (25 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (25 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (25 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (25 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (25 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
While reviewing the toolkit, find an annoyance that doesn't seem too bad to fix

I'm altering the schema in the Editor, and then deploying it. EVERY time I deploy it, I have to re-enter the Server. Seems like a typical Development scenario, should be easier.

So would like the Database Deployment Wizard to remember the last server per package, at very least. Locally, or in the registry (Don't care which), just to fill this in as the Default.

Then allow changing, so if I do want to put against another server, I can alter it.

Another little annoyance is the lack of sorting in the combo box (All on the Select SQL Server)
StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
I'll bring those up in the next meeting.  Thanks.  And no, those shouldn't be too hard to fix.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...