DateTime2 support in DDT 1.6.7 beta?

Author
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi Trent,

I am creating a new table with a field type "DateTime2" and when deploying to SQL2008 I get an error when trying to create the xx_Insert store procedure:

X 4/22/2009 11:52:11 AM-> An error occurred while creating the stored procedure [dbo].[Inventory_Insert].

X 4/22/2009 11:52:11 AM-> SqlException

X 4/22/2009 11:52:11 AM-> Operand type clash: datetime2 is incompatible with int

What am I doing wrong?

Edhy Rijo

Attachments
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Nothing.  We will have to change the auto-generated sprocs.  I will add this to the list to check on the new data types when dynamically creating the SPROCS for new data types.
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Trent L. Taylor (04/22/2009)
Nothing. We will have to change the auto-generated sprocs. I will add this to the list to check on the new data types when dynamically creating the SPROCS for new data types.

Great! thanks. I'll use "DateTime" instead until this is available.

Edhy Rijo

Keith Chisarik
Keith Chisarik
StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)
Are the new datatypes supported yet? I am on 1.7.0.2 trying to use date and time data types and there are no default values available and I get the error above when trying to deploy.

Keith Chisarik
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Hey Keith,

First, StrataFrame does support SQL Server 2008 and is predominately the only database that we use. Even if you do not use the new data types, SQL Server it is significantly faster than previous versions and supports a lot more within SPROCS, etc.

The DDT itself still needs to be updated to support some of the new data types. There have been more pressing things on the agenda so this has been pushed back until the first quarter as there is little to no demand for some of the new data types. There have been a few inquiries (as you can see via this post), but the SQL Server 2008 is supported for distribution on all data types except some of the newer data types, which are not an absolute necessity anyway...they just make a few things slightly easier.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...