Vista DPE issue when importing VFP database

Author
Michel Levy
StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi,

Vista raises "Data Execution Prevention" (DPE) during importation from VFP database.

Import process start, then seems frozen, and finally DPE close process. Database is created, but no tables, views, SP...
No problem when importing SQL databases, only with VFP

(Vista pro UAC disabled, Visual Studio 2008, SQL Server 2008, VFP9 SP2)

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
This has to do with the OLEDB provider...and it is easily fixable, but keep this in mind if you are going to dostribute your product and connect to VFP data via OLEDB.  The bottom line is that the DEP thinks that VFP OLEDB is a virus!

bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff

Run the above command from the command prompt.

Michel Levy
Michel Levy
StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)
Ahhhh!

thanks, Trent, I'd never find that alone. Are you a *REAL* wizard?Wink

What do you mean by {current} in that comand line? I suppose I don't type it "as it" in the command window.
Do I need to start again my laptop after running that command?

I shall not use VFP Data on distribution, but I need to migrate some databases from VFP to SQL, and I wanted to test if I could use DDT for that purpose (actually I use VFP upsizing wizard - without bugs I removed in source code, of course)

and, BigGrin , DEP is right: VFP is probably a virus for all these Vista MS guys, a virus born on another planet, another galaxy from the old ages...

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
LOL...I learned from experience.  Actually you will want to type in that command exactly as I posted.  Once this is done, you will have to reboot your machine and then you should be good to go. Wink
Michel Levy
Michel Levy
Thanks,

all is good now, and I've imported a VFP dbc in DDT with its tables.

Let me try now to use this functionnality instead of migrating within VFP. But first, I need to learn using DDT with BO mapper.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...