Sample web site

Author
Peter Jones
StrataFrame User (450 reputation)StrataFrame User (450 reputation)StrataFrame User (450 reputation)StrataFrame User (450 reputation)StrataFrame User (450 reputation)StrataFrame User (450 reputation)StrataFrame User (450 reputation)StrataFrame User (450 reputation)StrataFrame User (450 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

It looks as though we are getting involved in a new ASP project and so we are about to get onto a steep learning curve with ASP and WebForms.

I presume that all the SF knowledge we have with the SF DAL and Business Layer will just port over - I couldn't see any caveats in the SF help saying 'this doesn't work in ASP'.

What I was hoping to scrounge is a sample ASP web site built using SF to give us a feel what such a beast looks like.

Can anyone help?

Cheers, Peter
Keith Chisarik
Keith Chisarik
StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
The included sample web site is a decent example of basic functionality. You are correct that nothing much will change in the business layer, the implementation of the BO's in the project is different but straightforward and the SF guys have done a lot of the lifting for you as far as having to worry about state.

I have a few projects that have been born as desktop apps and later had a web module added with no change needed to the business objects. We also have recently done a website for a pretty big retailer that gets a lot of traffic and SF has held up very well.

Now if they could just help with cross browser compatability. I like doing "web apps" where I can tell the users to use a certain browser, a true web site that has to look nice in 8 different browsers has given me a lot of grey hairs the last few months.

Keith Chisarik

Peter Jones
Peter Jones
StrataFrame User (450 reputation)StrataFrame User (450 reputation)StrataFrame User (450 reputation)StrataFrame User (450 reputation)StrataFrame User (450 reputation)StrataFrame User (450 reputation)StrataFrame User (450 reputation)StrataFrame User (450 reputation)StrataFrame User (450 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi Keith,

Thanks for the advice and sample Keith - very much appreciated. However, I don't see the attachment or perhaps I'm not looking in the right place?

Cheers, Peter

Keith Chisarik
Keith Chisarik
StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
it is in the Strataframe Menu-Samples-<<C# or VB.NET>>-"Web Application Sample"

Keith Chisarik
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
You can also download the sample (in C#) from the samples section here on the forum as well.  As Keith has already mentioned, the BOs and DAL will work the same as the WinForms side of things which makes reuse of BOs and DAL extremely easy.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...