SF Web Sample error

Author
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
I need to start working on a web project for one of my winform's project while trying to run/test the SF SampleWebApp project, I got the following error after the project was converted to VS2008:

Error1It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.C:\Program Files (x86)\MicroFour\StrataFrame\VB.NET Samples\Web Sample\backup\web sample\web.config39

I re-configured the CustomersBO so it will re-generate the BO files with the BOM. I am using the latest beta source posted today.

Edhy Rijo

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
You probably said "yes" when it asked you to add the .NET 3.0 / .NET 3.5 references.  You can run SF with this, but that portion of the upgrade wizard does some strange things.  You might try to convert it again and say "no" when prompted to do this and see if you have the same results.  You will have to get back to the original sample before it was updated.  If you do not have this let me know and I will try to package it up.
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Trent L. Taylor (05/13/2009)
You will have to get back to the original sample before it was updated. If you do not have this let me know and I will try to package it up.

Yes, please pack it over and if you have it converted to 2008 better Hehe

Edhy Rijo

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Here it is...I ran it to make sure that it worked, so you should be good to go.
Attachments
WebSampleVB_VS2008.zip (153 views, 195.00 KB)
Edhy Rijo
E
Thanks Trent, this project worked. I had an issue with the ASP.NET development Server, it was not working, I am using Vista Ultimate 64 bits, and I found the fix to the problem on another forum and will post it here in case someone else have the same problem on a 64 bit OS:

I had the same issue w VS2008. My solution wasnt found on the web. After using sysinternals process monitor I found the path VS was using to execute the server was incorrect. I guess MS didnt take into account my system was a 64bit system. So I had to move my DevServer folder to C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\DevServer dir. In its present C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\microsoft shared\DevServer it was usless since MS was looking in the wrong location.

I hope this saves some other poor sap the time it took me to figure it out.

Stue

Edhy Rijo

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
Hmmm....I am running a 64-bit OS as well and did not have this issue.  At any rate, glad you got it going.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...