TEXT / NTEXT data type

Author
ChanKK
StrataFrame User (248 reputation)StrataFrame User (248 reputation)StrataFrame User (248 reputation)StrataFrame User (248 reputation)StrataFrame User (248 reputation)StrataFrame User (248 reputation)StrataFrame User (248 reputation)StrataFrame User (248 reputation)StrataFrame User (248 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

I found that DDT doesn't support NTEXT/TEXT data type. May I know why?

I know that it is not recommended to use these data type, however, I really need it as I need to store some process log which would exceed 8K size. Having char field and referring physical path is not preferable in our case.

It is possible to modify the XML generated but it would cause mistake in future.

Please advice. Thank you
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Actually the DDT does in fact support these types.  You have your project set to hide deprecated data types which these fall into that category.  Uncheck the Hide Deprecated Data Types flag in the properties of the propfile and they will become available.

Once this is done, you can select these data types. 

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...