valueMember vs DisplayMember

Author
Atk8877 T
StrataFrame Beginner (1 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (1 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (1 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (1 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (1 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (1 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (1 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (1 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (1 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
hello everyone ..

well i have a form contains DataGridView and one of its components is a ComboBox , the problem is i wana save the ValueMember instead of the DisplayMember in the database .

BS: i am using sql 2005 and vb.net 2005

here the sample .

http://www.4shared.com/file/110589646/9b033db6/WindowsApplication2.html
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
You will need to set the BindingProperty on the combo to determine which value you are going to bind your data source to. I am willing to bet that is your issue.
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Just FYI, I was having issues downloading your sample. Just add it out here as an attachment instead of going through a file sharing site. Thanks.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...