ReportSharpShooter filling in forms - working with templates

Author
Charles R Hankey
Advanced StrataFrame User (798 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (798 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (798 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (798 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (798 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (798 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (798 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (798 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (798 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I need to fill in fields in Word doc templates to be printed/pdf with ReportSharpshooter. I'm trying to get a handle on it conceptually - at what part of the process does the insert happen? Do I first desiign a RSS report with an RTF field and data fields as inserted into the RTF? How do you handle places where there might be multiple lines of data (this is insurance policies and at some points there will be lists of things appearing on the policy)

Is there a particular place in the docs or samples I should be looking? Anyone have a RSS report as a sample I could look at?

Thanks

Charles

Any guidance to get me started will probably save me a lot of time and will be greatly appreciated. I am still somewhat of a novice with RSS.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...