ReportSharpshooter: Using Master Report

Author
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Trent,

I wonder is you guys are using the RSS Master Report feature? I think I have an issue in where I have created a Master Report with Header and Footer, but then if I need a report that needs to have data in the footer this will be ignored if a Master Report is being used.

How are you guys handle that kind of situation with RSS?

Edhy Rijo

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
We use the master page extensively and on nearly every report.  We actually have the ability to create new master templates and then select the master template on the individual report.  To override the master page (as necesary at times) we added an option for this to.

This is actually by design for RSS (apparently).  We added an option when we have this need to our report engine so we did not have to rework any RSS code or try to get a fix out of them.

Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Trent L. Taylor (06/17/2009)
... We added an option when we have this need to our report engine so we did not have to rework any RSS code or try to get a fix out of them.

So basically if you need the footer to show data from the child report, then you will not use the Master Report, so I guess the child report will be just a regular report with the Master Report data duplicated, right?

Edhy Rijo

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Pretty much...not what I wanted, but it was a resolution to the issue.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...