How do I move a profile.

Author
Keith Chisarik
StrataFrame VIP (1.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
I have metadata in the Strataframe Data Store on my local PC (.\sqlexpress) how can I move these profiles to my newly deployed development server SQL 2005 Enterprise Edition?

Keith Chisarik
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
There are several things you can do here.  The easiest would probably be to use the SQL Server Management Studio tools to copy the database from one to another.  You can also manually copy and mount the StrataFrame.mdf and associated files.
Keith Chisarik
Keith Chisarik
StrataFrame VIP (1.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.5K reputation)
I created a new profile on the new server and imported my existed database metadata from the .pkg file. Seems to have worked great unless I missed something.

Keith Chisarik
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)
You could also backup and restore.  If you backup the databases to file, you can take those backup files and restore them on the new server.

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
Yes, that will work also.  But if you had any BO Mappings in the StrataFrame database, these will not have come accross...just FYI.  If all you had was meta-data, then yes, you are good to go.
Keith Chisarik
Keith Chisarik
Ok that is the piece I missed, thanks. Ill do the backup and restore since that is what I am most comfortable with.

BigGrin

Keith Chisarik
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
I just didn't want you wondering where your mappings went Smile
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...