How to ensure a unique password?

Author
Keith Chisarik
StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
I have the need to ensure that no two users have the same password. Is this possible within the RBS? I hope so since the password is encrypted, checking all the users for duplicates would not be ideal.

Also, just making sure you are still planning to allow a "hook" of some type into the RBS, I need to call up an application form that extendends the RBS security by tying to the security user PK, right now the user has to maintain security in two places. A button that could call a form from within the RBS Editor and pass the PK of the current RBS user being edited would be great.

TIA

Keith Chisarik

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Is this possible within the RBS?

At the moment, no. But the good news is that this is actually already on our radar because one thing that we have discovered that may be helpful is a password only entry to speed logins for shared machines. To do this it would require unique passwords. But at the moment, there is no easy way to do this.

Also, just making sure you are still planning to allow a "hook" of some type into the RBS, I need to call up an application form that extendends the RBS security by tying to the security user PK, right now the user has to maintain security in two places. A button that could call a form from within the RBS Editor and pass the PK of the current RBS user being edited would be great.

I will see what we can do to add a delegate which will allow you to shell an options or settings dialog from within RBS. We have not had any complaints and we have security and then we have user options. These are maintained in two different places within the app since they are not really related other than just being tied to a user PK. But I will see if we can come up with something.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...