Error after 1.7 upgrade on ES server.

Author
Scott Bressette
StrataFrame Beginner (17 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (17 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (17 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (17 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (17 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (17 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (17 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (17 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (17 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I upgraded the server both using the .zip file and reinstalling using the setup package and when I check the Status.aspx I get the error below. It seems something is still using the 1.6 version.

Server Error in '/' Application.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The type [MicroFour.StrataFrame.Data.SqlDataSourceItem, MicroFour StrataFrame Base, Version=1.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=99fe9917f71608a7] could not be resolved.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.TypeLoadException: The type [MicroFour.StrataFrame.Data.SqlDataSourceItem, MicroFour StrataFrame Base, Version=1.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=99fe9917f71608a7] could not be resolved.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[TypeLoadException: The type [MicroFour.StrataFrame.Data.SqlDataSourceItem, MicroFour StrataFrame Base, Version=1.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=99fe9917f71608a7] could not be resolved.]

MicroFour.StrataFrame.Enterprise.Server.RemoteDataSource..cctor() +1235

[TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'MicroFour.StrataFrame.Enterprise.Server.RemoteDataSource' threw an exception.]

MicroFour.StrataFrame.Enterprise.Server.Status.Status_PreInit(Object sender, EventArgs e) +51

System.Web.UI.Page.OnPreInit(EventArgs e) +8694814

System.Web.UI.Page.PerformPreInit() +31

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +282

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3053; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3053
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Ah...I might need to update the steps for updating. If you open the datasources.config file, it has the "TypeAssemblyVersion" tag in it. This is not overwritten as it would overwrite all of your data connections (thus sparking a totally different forum post BigGrin). Anyway, open this up, change the version, restart IIS (and/or cycle the Application ppol) and that should get you going.
Scott Bressette
Scott Bressette
StrataFrame Beginner (17 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (17 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (17 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (17 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (17 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (17 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (17 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (17 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (17 reputation)
Trent,

I changed

to

Stopped and restarted the IIS, took a deep breath... and it worked!

Thanks so much!

Scott
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Cool Cool! Glad you got it going!
Scott Bressette
Scott Bressette
I lost my formatting there on the xml, let me try again.

(less than)TypeAssemblyVersion(greater than)1.6.0.0(less than)/TypeAssemblyVersion(greater than)

to

(less than)TypeAssemblyVersion(greater than)1.7.0.0(less than)/TypeAssemblyVersion(greater than)

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
Yeah, I noticed that too after I had posted. The signs were parsed out as a tag Smile.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...