View Fields not showing in DDT

Author
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
I created a view in DDT and for some reason, no fields are being showed in the DDT listview (see DDT-View.png), also noticed that when clicking the "Show Fields" button while editing the view, no fields are also listed (see ViewProperties - Show Fields.png".

This is working fine with SF view "SFSUserPermissionInfo". Despite this issue, my view was deployed just fine and it is also working fine.

What may be happening here?

Edhy Rijo

Attachments
ViewProperties.png (162 views, 58.00 KB)
ViewProperties - Show Table.png (172 views, 16.00 KB)
ViewProperties - Show Fields.png (162 views, 15.00 KB)
Charles R Hankey
Charles R Hankey
Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
FWIW I get the same result and was about to post on the same thing.

Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Thanks Charles, glad I am not alone Hehe

BTW, I am using v 1.7.0.0

Edhy Rijo

Charles R Hankey
Charles R Hankey
Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Yes, me too, but I couldn't get views to work in the DDT in 1.67 either. In my apps I have a project for BOs that can be mapped against DDT tables and another project for BOs based on views, which are mapped directly against the SQL views.

I'm finding SQL views are a nice way to give Browse Dialogs a denormalized data source that can find pretty much anything, even selects based on child records.

Will look forward to Trent explaining what we're missing in DDT to get the views fields and tables to show up.

Edhy Rijo
E
Charles R Hankey (08/05/2009)
I'm finding SQL views are a nice way to give Browse Dialogs a denormalized data source that can find pretty much anything, even selects based on child records

I have not played with views and Browse Dialog, but that is on my list to do next for this project, where there are some complicated searches based on child field values. BTW, I am falling in love with store procedures. Cool

Edhy Rijo

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
OK, there are some other threads from the past that talk about this, but the fields will not always show. This doesn't mean that your view is incorrect, but rather that we haven't taken the time to RegEx out every possible query that can comprise a view. So when you see an empty list list this, it just means that the query is more complex that the relatively simple RegEx is to parse out the fields.

If your view deploys correctly, then that is all that matters here. Someday we may step back and come up with another way to parse a view, the the point of the DDT is for deployment purposes...so if it is accomplishing that goal, then we are good! Wink
Edhy Rijo
E
Thanks for the info, it is clear now and even though the DDT is accomplishing its purpose, it is a bit distracting when doing this the first time and not getting at least a warning message explaining why the fields may not be shown properly, that would avoid this and other threads related to this issue. Hehe

Edhy Rijo

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Long term the lists within the DDT will be replaced with the StrataListView, when this is done, a message will appear denoting there are no fields OR that the query is to complex to parse.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...